Vision: Educated and Globally Competitive Human Resource by 2016
Mission: To design, develop and Evaluate Quality and Relevant National Curriculum and Support Services for all Learners Across Basic Education Levels
Divisions and their functions
Educational Broadcasting Division (EBD)
The Educational Broadcasting Division has, among others, an overall responsibility to:
• Develop, produce and broadcast appropriate educational programmes to supplement classroom instruction in the different subject –areas covered in the school Curriculum.
• Produce appropriate educational broadcasting programmes of educational/ professional interest to teachers, education officers and the general adult population.
• Develop and provide educational broadcasting support materials (in the form of teacher’s notes, charts, etc) that would effectively facilitate optimum utilisation of schools’ radio broadcasts.
Educational Production Division (EPD)
EPD’ s mandate is to produce and publish print materials that address the following 3 areas;
• Supplementing the curriculum at the Upper primary schools level
• Disseminating public relations information through print media.
• In-servicing primary school teachers on the latest innovations / trends in the teaching profession.
Curriculum Development Division (CDD)
The mandate of the division is to;
• Design curriculum from pre-primary to secondary level
• Evaluate all the programmes
• Monitor all the programmes
Guidance & Counselling Division (GCD)
• Psychological services
• Develop and manage life skills programmes
• Develop and support counselling and related services
• Training on emotional intelligence
• Career services
• Develop career guidance service
• Career development processes of learner
• Linking learning to the world of work
• Field Support
• Programme development
• Monitoring implementation
• Materials Development
• Design and develop support materials for all G&C services and programmes
Teaching Aids Production Division (TAPD)
• Unlike other divisions, the division is based in Francistown.
• The division was established to produce curriculum support materials in the form of teaching/ learning aids to help improve the quality of teaching and learning.
TAPD operates two main units;
• Wood/metal work
• Publication and printing
Departmental Management Division (DMD)
This division offers support services to the whole department. Among others the division provides the following services;
• Human Resource Management
• Office operations
• Finance / accounts management
• Information management
• Supplies management
• Transport management