COLLEGES OF EDUCATION – ADMISSION FOR ACADEMIC PROGRAM OFFERED UNDER THE DEPARTMENT OF TEACHER TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
1. The Ministry of Education & Skills Development through the Department of Teacher Training and Development offers the following programmes:-
· Three year Diploma in Secondary Education (Molepolole and Tonota Colleges of Education)
· Three year Diploma in Primary Education (Serowe, Francistown and Tlokweng Colleges of Education)
Please note that Francistown College of Education admits In-service students only.
2. The following subjects are offered:
a) Diploma in Secondary Education
· At both Colleges: English, Guidance and Counseling, Library Studies, Mathematics, Moral Education, Religious Education, Setswana and Science.
· At Molepolole College of Education only: Art, Computer Edcuation, Design and Technology and Music.
· At Tonota College of Education only: Agriculture, Business Studies, Home Economics, Physical Education and Social Studies
b) Diploma in Primary Education
Trainees for this course are required to take ALL subjects in the Primary School Curriculum and in addition, select an area of specialization from any one of the following combinations:
· Mathematics and Science
· English and Setswana
· Social Studies and Religious Education
· Practical Subjects: any two from the following: Agriculture, Art, Craft and Design, Home Economics, Music and Physical Education
3. Entry Requirements
· Category i: Candidates with a minimum of BGCSE or its equivalence with credits in at least three subjects, one of which should be English.
· Category ii: Candidates who shall be between 25 and 35 years of age on the day of registration at college may be selected on the basis of relevant work experience since they left school and must have credits in at least two subjects and at least a pass in English Language at BGCSE or its equivalent.